News & Updates:
No Karate Class – Memorial Day on 05292023
Parents, you are always welcome to join the class with your kids, make it a weekly family activity… and always remember to have fun! (Contact us for more info)
- Our mission is to provide traditional martial arts training that contributes to overall health.
- We believe and teach values such as Courage (1 Corinthians 16:13), Honor (Romans 12:10), Respect (Ephesians 66:1-3), Integrity (Philippians 4:8), Sincerity (1 Peter 2:1), and Truth (John 14:6)
- We balance our teachings with progressive and innovative methods while still respecting tradition.
- Karate training helps in developing Discipline
- The skills and attitudes you acquire will help you in all facets of life.
- Karate training is more of a competition with oneself and to learn focus, confidence, and self-control.
- It is a place for individuals and families to build positive relationships, strengthen value systems, and learn important life skills.
Our Student Creed
- I am confident and possess a positive attitude. (Philippians 4:8)
- I focus on my personal growth and physical health. (2 Peter 3:18)
- I am disciplined, and I bring out the best in myself and others. (Proverbs 10:17, Proverbs 27:17)
- I apply common sense before self-defense. (Psalm 82:4)
- I always seek the good in myself and others. (Philippians 2:3)
- Every day, in every way, I am getting better. (Galatians 6:9)
Karate has many amazing health benefits that make it an ideal martial art for both physical and mental well-being.
Karate is an excellent full-body workout and can be tailored to fit each individual’s needs, as well as the ability to learn self-defense techniques.
For starters, karate increases strength and muscular endurance, as well as overall balance and coordination.
As with any physical activity, proper form and technique must be maintained and practiced in order to maximize results.
Practicing karate also improves flexibility and range of motion and can help reduce the risk of injuries.
Additionally, the physical benefits of karate can reduce stress levels, which is highly beneficial for our mental health.
The mental benefits of practicing karate are numerous.
The martial art requires intense focus and concentration on each move, as well as the ability to think critically and react quickly.
This practice of intense focus and concentration helps to improve memory and cognitive function while providing practitioners with an outlet to express themselves and work through any emotions.
Karate also teaches the importance of respect and discipline, helping individuals to build self-esteem and confidence.
Karate offers a wide range of benefits to those who practice it, ranging from the physical to the mental.
Physically, karate provides an excellent full-body workout and improved balance and coordination.
Mentally, karate helps with focus, concentration, and critical thinking skills. It can also help reduce stress, build self-confidence, and increase memory and cognitive function.
Ultimately, karate is a great way to stay active, develop strength and skill, and maintain a healthy lifestyle
First Lessons for the kids:
What Students of One Accord Karate are saying…